The HM-5170A is built around Humboldt‘s integral, data logger with touch-screen control, which allows the load frame to be used as a standalone device capable of full test control and data logging.
It is recommended that users operate the testing procedure from the front panel of the load frame, since Marshall testing is such a short, time-sensitive test.The waterproof, touch screens featured on these load frames provide a colorful, at-a-glance monitoring testing functions without the use of a computer. Operators can see all the data in several formats at the machine during the testing procedure. Test data can then be transferred to a computer for use with Humboldt‘s NEXT Software for report generation. A Marshall-specific software module is also available for use with the NEXT software, which provides Marshall-specific setup and formatting, rather than the generic formatting provided with the basic NEXT software.
Touch-Screen Controller provides:
- Multi-channel data acquisition
- Hi-res, 7″, waterproof, touch-screen provides total control and real-time graphical display of tests
- Machine/Test control and data acquisition via touch-screen
- Calibration of channels to load cell and transducer
- Real-time graphical chart and numerical display of tests via touch-screen display
- Effective sampling rate of 50 readings per second
- Stores up to 1000 tests with 3000 points per test
- 2 USB ports. One in front for data transfer and the rear port is for powering a wireless access point.
Humboldt‘s NEXT software is included with all Elite Series Load Frames. In the case of the HM-5120A and HM-5170A for use with Marshall testing, it is recommended this software be used for data acquisition and report generation only and not for control of the machine. In this application the NEXT software can provide advanced graphing capabilities, full-unit customization and reports can also be exported to Excel or a CSV file.
The HM-5170A is sold as a load frame only.