Once a sample has been placed onto the test platform and the test conditions set, the ConMatic IPC performs all consolidation tests, including moving to the next stress level, without operator assistance. The system automatically moves through the different test parameters specified by the user with incremental consolidation tests typically being completed in 24 to 48 hours. The Humboldt NEXT software with the HM-5100SW Consolidation module uses sample deformation readings taken from the displacement transducer and load readings from the load cell to maintain constant applied stress or strain to the sample through the use of a digital pressure regulator. Test results are recorded and rendered in real-time on the computer screen while test data is stored and calculations are performed automatically. Humboldt‘s NEXT software with the HM-5100SW Consolidation module provides:
• Live test data tabulation and live graphing capabilities (real-time)
• Complete test reporting including all calculations and graphs required for testing
• Review and exporting of tests using Microsoft Excel
• Smart Test Function: automatically picks up where it left off if the test was not finished due to unexpected events within your computer
The unique design of the ConMatic IPC system enables the user to connect multiple ConMatic IPC units to a single computer and run them independently and simultaneously when connected via a LAN-network.
NEXT software and the enhanced Consolidation module, HM-5100SW, are included with the ConMatic IPC automated consolidation machine. This software provides robust machine control, calibration, data acquisition and report generation for those using a computer to control consolidation testing operations. In addition, operators have the ability to view and control testing operations from a PC in the lab, in the next room or at a different location, while also providing report generating capabilities using the consolidation test-specific software module.
So, whether you are controlling a single consolidation machine, controlling multiple machines, or even a complete geotechnical lab, Humboldt’s NEXT software, in conjunction with Humboldt’s ConMatic IPC, provides a complete solution for the acquisition, recording and presentation of consolidation testing data in data tabulation and graphic chart formats.
- Machine control, and data acquisition via networked computer
- Provides the ability to use Humboldt‘s Next Software’s, advanced test-specific modules
- Real-time graphical chart and numerical display of tests via computer display
- Effective sampling rate of 50 readings per second
- Stores unlimited tests with up to 3000 points per test.
- Up to 255 individual tests can be run simultaneously from a single PC
- Provides advanced graphing capabilities
- Provides full-unit customization
- Reports can also be exported to Excel or a CSV file, if desired, and, we can provide custom integration/export solutions for LIMS, EQuIS, gINT, etc.
|Sample size:||up to 4″ (100mm)|
|Maximum load:||2200lbf (10kN|
|Clearance, vertical:||8.25″ (210mm)|
|Clearance, horizontal:||7.75″ (197mm)|
|Maximum piston travel:||0.5″ (12.7mm)|
|Dimensional:||12″ x 12″ x 30″ (305 x 305 x 762mm)|
|Net weight:||42 lbs (19kg)|
|Display (Resistive Touch)||7″ (178mm) VGA (480 x 800)|
|Real-time Test Data||Graphic and Tabulation|
|Processor||Dual 32-bit ARM|
|Analog to Digital Converter||24 bit|
|Logging Speed||up to 50 readings per second|
|Points Per Test||3000|
|USB port (front)||export data, import/export calibration data, WiFi|
|USB Port (back)||provides external power for wireless access point|
|Ethernet Connection||for network connectivity|
|24-bit Differential Analog to Digital Converter||2|
|Ambient Temperature Sensor||1|
|Firmware Update||Ethernet or flash drive|
|AC Supply||110/220VAC 50/60 Hz 5 Amp|
|Air Supply||Clean and dry (air filter, water trap), minimum: 100psi (700kps) continuous air supply 10CFM (0.3m3/min)|
Typical HM-5470.3F Consolidation Setup
|Fixed-ring Consolidation Cell||HM-1220.20|