The system uses an ultrasonic wave sent from an emitter to a receiver while both are pulled through water-filled access tubes embedded in the concrete. The measured arrival time and energy are directly related to concrete quality. Additional methods supported by the CHUM are Single Hole Ultrasonic Testing (SHUT) and Tomography (two- and three-dimensional).
- Easy to use; The user-friendly software makes it possible to master the CHUM in less than a day. No additional expensive training required
- Powerful tomography features
- Unlike other system based on an embedded computer (which may soon become obsolete), CHUM connects to the USB port of your regular notebook computer or Tablet PC.
The basic CHUM package includes everything required to perform CSL and 2D tomography:
- The CHUM instrument, two ultrasonic transducers, two 50m cable reels, two depth meter pulleys , cables and AC power adapter
- Optional: 100m/150m cable reels, 3D tomography
- Testing, analysis and reporting software
- Interpretation assistance package
- 10 years of free software upgrades
- 3 year warranty on hardware