With the Cox/Cooper Texas Overlay Tester it is possible to characterize both the crack initiation and crack propagation properties of asphalt mixtures. Cox/Cooper have developed the Texas Overlay Tester, which is a dedicated, state-of-the art piece of equipment for carrying out this test.
Automatically calculates critical fracture energy and crack resistance index according to Tex-248-F.
- Super rigid frame, necessary for true results
- Outputs ASTM and Texas methods
- Integral surface-mounted, touch-screen control
- Intelligently designed specimen gluing and “zero stress” carrying frame
- Fitted with high performance hydraulic actuator and power-pack
- Ergonomically designed for easy operation
- Data downloading via USB and up to 10,000 cycles per test