The GCTS PLT-2W Point Load Testing Device is an easy-to-use system made of light-weight, high-strength anodized aluminum that remains extremely accurate while being very portable. Due to the compact design, this test can be performed either in a laboratory or in the field. The PLT-2W is used to determine the rock strength index of a sample, which can be used to estimate the uniaxial compressive strength of the sample. The system includes software to automatically collect and analyze the data and report the average unconfined strength. It operates on battery power and is able to wirelessly link with an iPhone, iPad, or any mobile device to simplify data collection and eliminate unnecessary errors. All measured readings by the system are transmitted to the GCTS PLT App on the mobile device, allowing the user to view and analyze data directly. The app also allows for the user to edit collected data as needed and, when ready, the data can be sent directly from the GCTS App to any e-mail(s) the user desires.
Additional parts can be added to the Point Load Tester to give it the ability to perform Brazilian, Uniaxial, Brinell, and Ultrasonic Velocity tests. This allows the Point Load Tester to be a small, inexpensive device that can test a wide variety of rock strength parameters.
Relevant Testing Standards
- ASTM D5731 Standard Test Method for Determination of the Point Load Strength Index of Rock and Application to Rock Strength Classifications
- ASTM D7012 Standard Test Methods for Compressive Strength and Elastic Moduli of Intact Rock
- ASTM D3967 Standard Test Method for Splitting Tensile Strength of Intact Rock Core Specimens
- ASTM E10 Standard Test Method for Brinell Hardness of Metallic Materials
- ISRM Suggested Method for Determining Point Load Strength
- ISRM Suggested Method for Determination of the Uniaxial Compressive Strength of Rock Materials
- ISRM Suggested Method for Determining Indirect Tensile Strength by the Brazil Test
There are no reviews yet.